Privacy Act and Australian Privacy Principles
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principals (APPs) govern the way in which we must manage your personal information and this policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage personal information about you.
Mariner Shores may collect and hold personal information about you, your family or someone you know that is information that can identify you or them, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, mobile number or other personal information that we need in order to provide you with the accommodation and services you, or someone else you know, is seeking.
The personal information we collect is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
Failure to Provide PI
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide you, your family, or someone else you know, with the services you, or they, are seeking.
Generally, we will collect and use your personal information for one or more of the following reasons:
- Providing services to you or someone else you know;
- Processing an application you have made;
- Acting as your agent if you request us to do so;
- Undertaking various activities required by law;
- Providing you with information about other services that we and other organizations that we have affiliations with offer, that may be of interest to you;
- Providing you with promotional information about us and other organizations that we have affiliations with;
- Facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
- Analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/ or improved services.
PI and Internet Users
PI Use and Disclosure
Generally, we only use and disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). Although, we may disclose personal information about you to: service providers, who assist us in operating our business or who provide the various services that you have requested and we have arranged.
The majority of our service providers are located in Australia and they are also required to comply with the APPs if they are considered an ‘entity’ under the Privacy Act. In some cases your information will be sent to a company located in Singapore.
We will only provide your information to our service providers or a court/tribunal when:
- We have your express or implied consent;
- It is necessary to disclose your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We are legally and reasonably obliged to assist or co-operate with agencies performing law enforcement related activities in the performance of their functions; or
- It is a ‘permitted general situation’ or ‘permitted health situation’ as required under the Privacy Act.
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us. We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
Where Mariner Shores has information which is no longer needed, or no longer required to be used under Australian law, and it is not required by a court or tribunal, then reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify that personal information will be taken.
Access to PI
If you believe that Mariner Shores is holding personal information about you and you wish to access or correct it, please send a written request to us at the address indicated below. There may be a small charge if the information you requested takes time for us to provide to you. While we are happy to assist you within a reasonable period, Mariner Shores has the right to deny your request if it falls within one of the grounds stated in Principle 12 of the Australian Privacy Principles.
If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete, relevant, not misleading and up to date.
If for any reason we refuse to correct your personal information as requested by you we will provide you with written reasons as to why we have chosen not to do so.
In the event you are no longer a Member of Mariner Shores and you wish to have your personal information removed from our database you may do so by making a written request to us. We will remove your information within a reasonable time except if there are any outstanding issues relating to your Mariner Shores Membership.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and those linked websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
If you believe that there may have been possible breaches of your privacy by us, please write to us at the address indicated below, and we will endeavour to respond to you within 14 days of receipt of your complaint.
Requests, notices and correspondence
Please direct all requests, notices or correspondence about PI to:
The Privacy Officer
Mariner Shores Resort and Beach Club
260 The Esplanade
MIAMI QLD 4220
* Mariner Shores includes Mariner Shores Club Limited and Mariner Shores Resort and Beach Club